Visual Studio Code Compile first program on windows
Getting started with Visual Studio Code
How do I build?
to build your project you need to hit CTRL + SHIFT + B
VS Code Failed to launch external program msbuild
You need to have msbuild enabled in your windows system variables.
How do you find out if you have?
Open your command line and type msbuild. If you have it installed and registered correctly you will be able to see following.
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.34209
If not make sure you have installed .Net framework (4.5 for my case)
How to enable msbuild anywhere
- Right button on this computer > select properties
- Click advanced system settings
- Click Advanced tab
- On bottom of the window click Environment Variables
- In System variables section locate "Path"
- Add to the end : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319;
* make sure the path is correct to your environment,
* make sure that previous string is delimited by ";" so it looks like